Exercise Specialist and President of Healthy Results Ltd., Robyn Becker, provides personal fitness and conditioning guidance to a wide range of individuals – from those just starting to get into shape to the regular marathon runner. Regardless of the level of intensity, Robyn’s philosophy is grounded in the belief that exercise is a means to gain a healthier lifestyle. For those just starting an exercise regime, Robyn believes in increasing daily activity levels and improving muscular control in individuals as a means of increasing the level of health. For those who are already in shape but trying to reach the next level of performance, Robyn helps consistent exercisers recover from plateaus and keep exercise programming varied. Robyn works in conjunction with a variety of physicians and healthcare experts, such as Physical Therapists, Dietitians, Massage Therapists and Osteopathic, Medical and Chiropractic Physicians to help treat individuals appropriately. Robyn firmly believes that proper health is achieved through the attention and expertise from a variety of health care professionals. She currently works alongside nationally recognized Osteopathic Physician Dr. Teresa Hubka, focusing on women’s health. Robyn continues to grow with the opportunities presented to her in a variety of health concerns. On a daily basis, she works with patients of special populations such as prenatal, post natal, diabetics, obesity, menopausal, osteoporosis and other high-risk individuals.
Aside from special populations, Robyn also works with individuals on performance enhancement, helping them reach their goals in athletics, from a first time marathon or triathlon athlete to a long time marathon runner to help reach his or her goal for time. As a 4 time marathon runner and triathlon completer, Robyn understands the demands and logistics of these challenging races and works very closely with her athletes to meet the demands of these races. She especially focuses on injury prevention with these endurance races, through body mechanic analysis and taking preventive measures through stretching and sports specific strengthening exercises.
Robyn holds the following credentials:
- Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology, Major Exercise Physiology University of Illinois at Chicago, 1997
- Personal Trainer Certification National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) www.nsca-lift.org
- Subject Matter Expert - American Council on Exercise (ACE) www.acefitness.org
- Lifestyle and Weight Management Consultant Certification - American Council on Exercise (ACE) www.acefitness.org
- Perinatal Fitness Instructor Training Healthy Moms www.healthymomsfitness.com
- Exercise Specialist Training American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) www.acsm.org